No need to sacrifice style in order to live a little more environmentally friendly in your home. You can make lots of smart choices to help improve the wellbeing of our beautiful planet. Here are few great ways to live green at home and be a better friend to the environment.
1. Make the switch to eco friendly cleaning products.Look for products that are biodegradable, phosphate-free and not tested on animals.
2. Be sure to use reusable shopping bags when heading to the grocery store.
3. Get someone to come do an energy audit on your home. Common to-dos include improving insulation, upgrading windows, installing weather stripping, trading up to a high-efficiency furnace and installing a programmable thermostat.
4. Looking to purchase new appliances? Be sure to look for energy star certified products.
5. Buy a rain barrel for your backyard and use the rain water to water your lawn and garden.